Dentistry and Oral Surgery Unit
The Dentistry and Oral Surgery Unit at the Hospital La Zarzuela deals with clients with oral health problems of all types, with special emphasis on prevention.
Our multidisciplinary team of dentists and oral surgeons enables us to offer a comprehensive dental service to both adults and children.
PREVENTING IS CURING
Prevention is a cornerstone of oral health: with an appropriate check-up and cleaning schedule, the majority of dental problems can be avoided.
Therefore, at our unit, in addition to dealing with clients' specific problems, we aim to educate and prepare our patients so that they become an active part in caring for their short-, medium- and long-term health.
SIX TIPS FOR A HEALTHY MOUTH
- Know the state of your mouth. Regular check-ups are the basic factor in avoiding potential future problems.
- Stay one step ahead of cavities. It is essential to maintain a balanced diet that does not abuse sugars, and proper oral hygiene with your toothbrush and dental floss as the protagonists.
- Look after your gums. The number one warning sign is bleeding gums. Professional dental cleaning is vital for the proper maintenance of your oral health.
- Orthodontics is a synonym of prevention. Correctly aligned teeth reduce the risk of cavities and the early loss of teeth. Furthermore, they improve the aesthetic appearance of your smile, and with it your self-esteem and looks.
- Look for permanent aesthetic solutions. Implants are the most aesthetic, safe and permanent solution. The bone loss associated with missing teeth causes your face to appear more aged. Recover the ality of your mouth, and smile and talk without worries or discomfort.
- Tobacco also affects your oral health. Reduction of taste, halitosis, stains and blemishes on the surface of the teeth, delay in the healing of wounds and problems in the osseointegration of dental implants are some of the undesired effects of tobacco.
Our clinics are equipped with the latest technologies and we only work with materials that have undergone the strictest hygiene tests. Our unit, like the other Sanitas Milenium Dental Centres, adheres to the strictest clinical safety and quality protocols.
In addition to the services and assessment and diagnostic tests (panoramic radiographs and dental CT scan), we offer a broad range of dental services and treatments, including:
- Preventive dentistry: dental cleaning, fluoride treatments and fissure sealing as well as education and instructions on oral health.
- Paediatric dentistry: specialist treatments for primary and mixed teeth to care for the oral health of children.
- Conservative dentistry: fillings and reconstructions for the preservation of the tooth.
- Endodontics: removing the pulp tissue form the tooth, prolonging its presence in the mouth.
- Oral surgery: all types of dental ions, minor surgeries and pre-prosthetic surgery.
- Implant dentistry: fitting of high-quality osseointegrated implants, with all the aesthetics and ality of natural teeth.
- Cosmetic dentistry: thanks to the latest veneers and dental-whitening techniques, we achieve the best smiles for each person quickly and painlessly.
- Periodontics: we look after gum health and the maintenance thereof, fundamental aspects of proper oral health.
- Orthodontics. we correct dental and bone-alignment problems in both children and adults.
- TMJ disorders (temporomandibular t). We treat the problems derived from bruxism and other disorders, increasingly more frequent among our patients.
Furthermore, our oral surgeons perform orthognathic surgery for patients with upper- and lower-jaw problems, providing health and aesthetic benefits.
Back to the list of units